Last year Preston and I were in Utah for Easter, so this was Preston's first Easter at home with Mommy and Daddy. I've had a hard time doing a lot to celebrate holidays the past few months since I'm not supposed to leave the house, and especially can't walk around the hard floors in stores. Luckily we had Gabe's little Easter bucket I got a few years ago from the dollar store that we could use as Preston's basket (last year he used one at my parent's house), and we had bought a bag of unopened eggs at a garage sale two summers ago so we were set in that department. I told Gabe to buy some of my favorite Easter candy, and to pick out some of his favorites while he was out grocery shopping for us. Luckily it all turned out well, and Preston seemed to have a really good time. He was VERY excited when we told him to find the eggs that Gabe had done so well hiding. Can you see it in this picture?
Preston found it and promptly yelled out "purple egg!" I think he'd mid-word here.
He wanted to get them all at once. He would see one and on his way and get distracted and start going after another yelling out the colors along the way.
He found the one on the chair and was getting very frustrated when he couldn't get it out through the slots. Eventually he figured it out... Unfortunataly, before I could get a better picture.
He liked putting all the eggs in the bag after he found them.
Bentley was very excited about the whole thing too and tried to go after the eggs. I think one had just rolled under the couch.
Here Preston's checking out his stash.
Finally he gets to see what's inside. It's pretty sad that he was that excited about just the eggs even before he knew there was candy in them!
Yum! Jellybeans, or "canning" as Preston calls it... I don't know where he gets that from.
After a sample, he checked out his Easter basket...
and read the book Grandma sent him in the mail, while his mouth was still full.
After an egg half full of jellybeans Preston asked for another but then announced that he was done after only eating a few. We tried to give him his marshmallow bunny too but after a nibble he was finished with that. He really does like sweets, but we made sure he ate a full breakfast before the candy. :)
Here's a picture of Preston and I right before church. I wanted a picture of us together on Easter, unfortunately I didn't shower and get dressed until right before church and since I only go to Sacrament meeting, I knew by the time Preston and Gabe got home Preston would be asleep, and I would be back in my sweats. So that is why my hair is wet and I have no makeup on. I put it on as we were driving to church because we were late as usual. I blame it on the fact that I can't move very fast. ;) At least Preston is kind of smiling, right?
Overall, we had a fun Easter, thanks to all of Gabe's help!














I love the picture of him trying to nab it from the chair! Too funny!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! I could totally picture him yelling, "Purple egg!!!". That's cute Bentley wanted in on the action, too! :)
ReplyDelete