Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Little Man is 14 months Old

*photo was taken today after church, on his actual 14-month birthday

New accomplishments in the last month:
- Giving mommy and daddy kisses! He gets really excited when he sees us kiss and wants one too! (Sorry if you didn't want to hear that)
-Throwing any kind of ball as far as he can and "yelling" bao bao (ball ball) every time he sees anything round. He can also put a basketball into a little hoop.
-Holding the remote up to the TV and going uh uh because he wants to watch baby einstein. Then he cries because he wants to play with the toys and kids he sees on TV. He always waves at the kids and says hi hi. For some reason he repeats every word twice. I think it's because he always says woof woof when he sees a dog.
-He'll tell me the animal noises if I ask him what a dog, monkey, lion, sheep, cow, or cat says.
-He'll show me his head, nose, and belly button.
-He's become obsessed with sitting on everything like it's a chair. These things include the edge of the fireplace, stairs, toys, stuffed animals, and daddy's head. We finally got him a little chair of his own that he likes to jump on.
-Putting everything in compartments and putting the lid on. He uses my pots and pans and the garbage can most often. He now has his own set of toy pots and pans.
-Throwing up real food for the first time in his life. Three times in one week, it was pretty gross.
-Building towers and knocking them over.
-Going up and down and up and down the stairs.
-Climbing and playing on playgrounds! Just in time for the rain to start. :(
-Getting his shoes and trying to put them on while crying at the door to go outside.
-High fives!
-Walking up to me saying hi hi and when he's almost reached me turning around saying buh bye buh bye while waving.
-Saying a duh (all done) when he's finished eating.
-Saying der do (there you go) when he gives me things.
-Saying de dow (thankyou) when I give him things.
-I'm sure there's a lot more that I can't think of right now, he's learned a lot this past month!

What he’s doing right this very second:
-Sleeping in his crib with his blanket, dog, and two horses while wearing his full tux tie and all because he fell asleep on the way home from church.

Teeth Count:
-He has fourteen. One for each month of his life! Four top, Four bottom, Four molars, and top Eye Teeth or Canines whatever you want to call them.

What he’s wearing:
-18 month onesies
-12-24 mos. tops and bottoms - I put him in clothes when they're too big and keep him in them until they're a little bit too small. That way he has more variety.
-24 mos. socks
-size 5 shoes
-size 4 diapers, at night he has to wear overnight diapers because he'll wet through otherwise.

How he’s sleeping:
-Around 12 hours at night - sometimes waking up once though, so I hold him for a few seconds and let him touch my hair then I put him back down. I can't complain though because a few weeks when he was sick he was getting up screaming every night and refused to let me put him down. This is a HUGE improvement.
-2 one and a half hour naps during the day or 1 close to three hour nap a day.
-Preston is turning into such a big boy, he's always suprising us! :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, he is growing into quite the little man. I love all the words that he's saying. De doh...lol! So cute how babies say things like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a handsome guy! I love the walking toward you saying, "Hi, hi," and then turning around and saying, "Bye, bye," and waving. Too funny!

    Happy 14 months, Preston!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe he's 14 months already!! Time flies by way too fast! We miss you guys, have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He and Joshua sound so much alike in their accomplishments. But he has waaay more teeth than Josh! (eight, and three molars coming in.)
    That is the cutest tux ever!

    ReplyDelete