Thursday, August 20, 2009

Out on the Island

For one of our playgroups we went to the beach over at a nearby island where the water is shallow and warm(er).  We got to ride a little ferry on the way over.  Check out Preston's awesome sunglasses, and how he's wearing them over his ear...

The Island was beautiful!

This was part of the path we walked along to get to the water.

As soon as we got there Preston ran out to the water as fast as he could, before I even got the chance to put sunscreen on him.

I had to go out and chase him down to bring him back and put his sunscreen on.  He was already enjoying himself in with all that sand.

The tide was so low that I wasn't going to walk all the way to the water so we just hung out on the sand with all the seaweed and little puddles of warm water.  Yes, I do have a baby in a front pack on in this picture if you're wondering what this weird shape is.

Who knew he would have so much fun at a beach with mostly sand!

He and Melea enjoyed themselves in this little puddle.  Aren't they cute?

Finally it was time to journey back over to the ferry. 

We missed the first one and had to wait for another one to come but had fun anyway.  We got to look around this little shack.  I love this picture of little Sam, he looks so concerned.


By the time we got back to the car Preston was tuckered out and fell right to sleep on the way home.

We're definately going to have to go there again... maybe next year. ;)

1 comment:

  1. This looks like jetty island! It looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete