As you can see he decided to try putting it in his mouth just like most things...
and continued to leave it there
and chew on it
and suck on it
until it was all wet inside
yes, he is guilty of giving mommy even more chapped lips than before.
Monday, September 8, 2008
Chapstick and Chapped Lips
Every day as I sit at the computer I have my phone and my chapstick on a small end table right next to me. I try to get up during the day as little as possible if I can help it. Yes, that is the couch potato in me. As Preston has gotten older and taller I've had to slowly move those items back when I realized he could reach them. One day he did reach my chapstick and I decided it would be okay for him to play with because he absolutely loved it. I couldn't have been more wrong.
You know that feeling you had when you were a little kid with chapped lips and no chapstick so you kept licking your lips over and over again because it made them feel better at the moment... Then eventually you have an awful red rash all around your mouth because you were actually making it worse? Okay, so maybe I'm exagerrating a bit, but that was kind of what it was like applying chapstick to my lips that was coated in someones saliva. It's even grosser that it wasn't mine (not to mention the fact that it probably wasn't good for him either). So that chapstick is long gone and Preston is never aloud to play with my new much better burt's bees chapstick because now my chapped lips are long gone too thank goodness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh no, slobbery chapstick! My little guy does the exact same thing (and would also pull off the cap, stick his finger in and mush it all around!), so he's not allowed anymore either. :)
ReplyDeletegreat pictures! ;-) I've had to disgard a few chap sticks once my boys got hold of them.
ReplyDelete