Saturday, September 20, 2008

Do you ever...

Look at people in nearby cars as you drive down the highway? As an addicted people watcher (is that possible?) I find myself doing this constantly whenever we're going somewhere as a family and I don't have to drive.

I remember as a teenager driving places in my dear friend Krysta's car (she was one of my bridesmaids by the way) and constantly watching people, trying not to draw attention to myself. Unfortunately with teenage boys on the loose we would sometimes find a car full of them and smile and flirt through the windows. Weird I know. These are the kinds of things I really should keep to myself. We would also look at people and try to guess where they were going, what their names were, what they did for a living etc. Of course this is standard procedure in all people watching situations. County fairs in Indiana are probably one of the best places I've ever found for finding interesting people to watch, but that's another story.

Anyway, today as I was driving down the road enjoying watching how other people work I saw a BIG man in a LITTLE car. Do you ever wonder how people decide what kind of car they are going to drive, and why some people really look like they fit in their cars, and others like this poor fellow look utterly ridiculous? Do you think he was driving his dream car but it just didn't quite fit him? Or was it more likely that it was a gift from his Grandma who can no longer drive. Maybe I'm the only one that thinks about weird things like this. That's about it, the end of my thought... I just thought I'd share.

2 comments:

  1. I do it all the time! I am addicted to people watching too! It's so much fun! And whenever I fly home to Indiana, I always find the most interesting people as soon as I step onto Indiana soil! Good times! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand! I am a big time people watcher too. Keith is always telling me, "You're staring." I always say it's not staring if they don't know you're looking at them! :)

    ReplyDelete